Thursday, March 29, 2007

An ode to 2005!

SAIGON VILLAGE FEVER
(Everybody sing!)

Lord, take me back
to Saigon Village,
Where my only woe
Was soy sauce spillage.

Lord, take me back
To plastic chairs,
The flagon of goon
To drown any cares.

Take me back,
To Purple Sneaks.
We’ll dance at the lads',
Get cheeky peaks.

We’ve changed our minds!
We’ll go to Spectrum!
We’ll find a rock god,
nick his plectrum.

A Town Called Malice!
Jaegerbombs!
What the fucking fuck’s that?
It’s the passion of the Mon!

But it’s time to go,
It’s Judgement hour.
Angus needs sleep,
That little wallflower.

Wait, where’d he go?
He’s left the line…
He’s gone home with a chick!
And he’ll pay for her time…

It’s gay bar o’clock,
The bouncers are pricks;
But Tim must make up
For those years in the stix!

Lord, take me back,
In a cab to Mon’s place.
Can five spoon, in one bed?
Jump on! Mind my face…

Lord, even take me back,
To the morning after,
It’s worth every spew,
For the love and the laughter.

from Sar to all x

PS This was conceived in January and is a work in progress!

1 Comments:

At 9:30 am, Blogger Mon said...

Ahhh babe,
That made me laugh out loud in the internet cafe.
Man I am never going to live down the passion of the mon, am i?!?!

TAKE ME BACK TO FALLING OF THE SPEAKERS AT SPECTRUM, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

 

Post a Comment

<< Home