Friday, July 07, 2006

Vietnam: A Bladder Journey and the Kankle Sisters in Cambodia

Ok gang. The blog is looking boring - apart from the Ireland girls boob shots - love it - so have deicided to (belatedly) blog about my Asian adventure...



Posing at the Bayon. Was my favourite...






Imi's kankles being squeezed out of her sandals... She would kill me for blogging that!



Shrrooooooms!!!!!!!!!!!! In Thailand.















So we all know I need to go to the toilet on a regular basis. Understatment. This muddied shot was me after a particularly interesting 'bladder jouney' (in other words another strange place I need to find to wee otherwise I will wet my pants) on our first day in Cambodia. There was an accident up the road causing a traffic jam in the middle of nowhere. I decided I would rather go bush (the landmine warning only stifling the need to go for a good 10 mins or so) and get covered in mud than wet my pants on the bus. This photo is of me trying to clean the mud off myself on the side of the road after I had become unplugged in a swamp in the prickle bushes that I had been relieving myself in. Needless to say our packed bus wan't too happy to be travelling with a bog moster for the 5 hr trip to the capital...



So we spent a lot of the trip feeling sweaty, stinky and swollen (especially our ankles i.e kankles as pictured above). So we took it in turns getting int the mandatory tourist shots. I made Imi smile and say cheese at the cuchi tunnels while squeezing through a hole in the ground in the stinking heat, then it was my turn and I had to hold this frikkin snake. Needless to say I was a complete pansy about it.





Thanks for the Sihanoukville heads up trashbags, as well as the Phon Cafe recommendation!

Loved it and want to go back and do it all again!

By the way if anyone wants to know where all the best squatties are from Hanoi to Bangkok, I will be only too happy to fill you in! xoxo

2 Comments:

At 9:34 pm, Blogger trashbags said...

Take me back to Cambodia!

Looks like you had an awesome time! When you started talking about the peeing in the bushes I thought that it must have been an action shot! Hehe

Mon

 
At 1:08 pm, Blogger hiedistar said...

Ok mon. Stop commenting before everyone else gets too!!

Jajaja..you look mortified in that snake picture!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home